The practical, on-the-job aircraft manual--now fully updated
For more than 60 years, the Standard Aircraft Handbook for Mechanics and Technicians has been the trusted resource for building, maintaining, overhauling, and repairing aircraft. This illustrated guide provides clear, step-by-step procedures for all essential aircraft tasks.
The Seventh Edition has been thoroughly revised to cover the latest advances in the industry, including composite materials, cutting-edge nondestructive testing, and detection equipment and procedures. New photos, diagrams, tables, and schematics are featured throughout this must-have reference.
- Tools and their proper use
- Materials and fabricating
- Drilling and countersinking
- Bolts and threaded fasteners
- Aircraft plumbing
- Control cables Electrical wiring and installation
- Aircraft drawings
- Nondestructive testing (NDT)
- Corrosion detection and control
- Composite materials